Colas Group is a world leader in the construction and maintenance of transport infrastructure.
With 58,000 employees in more than 50 countries on 5 continents, the Colas Group works in every business segment involving the construction and maintenance of roads, as well as other types of transport infrastructure and urban development.
Our Parent Company
Through its projects and its innovations, the group aims to meet the modern world’s current and future needs for mobility, urban development and environmental protection.
Visit the Colas Group website to learn more:
make up 82% of the groups activities and include the construction and maintenance of roads for highways, runways and ports, public transport networks, recreational facilities and environmental projects and civil engineering and building. It also includes the production and recycling of construction materials including aggregates, emulsions and binders, asphalt mixes, ready-mix concrete and bitumen.
make up 18% of the Group’s activities and are railways construction, renewal and maintenance for high speed and conventional lines and tramways and metros. Waterproofing which includes impervious membranes and mastic asphalt, roofing, siding, cladding and waterproofing of buildings, sidewalks and roadways and flooring. Road Safety and Signaling including the manufacture, installation, maintenance of road equipment and signing, road marking and traffic management systems. Networks which features the installation and maintenance of pipes and pipelines for fluids (oil, natural gas, water) and dry networks (electricity, heating, telecom).
How we work together
Colas Ltd and Colas Group collaborate closely on a local and global projects, innovative research and development. Led in the UK by our Project Engineering team we blend UK expertise and the wider International Colas Group to harness and utilise knowledge, best-in-class tools, and innovative techniques to produce optimal engineering results.
We always have a local team taking the lead to deliver projects with local knowledge and skills. But whenever it’s needed, we can access the global skills and expertise of the global company. Our UK Centres of Excellence combine skills, products, materials, applications, services and software to deliver everything from discrete projects to complete service offerings.
Examples of our collaboration include:
- Our enterprise asset management partnership for our Portsmouth PFI contract is a UK-run global professional consultancy service, for customer asset management solutions.
- Our Colas Group infrastructure data and information modelling solutions runs through our global suite of tools and processes.
- We share global information and techniques for highways and airfield projects in the UK, including surfacing, data capture, analysis software and architecture and geotechnical solutions.
- Globally developed innovative products like our award winning sustainable energy road surface are used in the UK.
The Campus of Science and Techniques (CST)
The Campus acts as a hub for our research and technical development. As well as the Campus, we also have Technical and Development Departments in France, UK and around the world. Our R&D programme follows our five key Colas Responsible Development Targets, which align to our values and mission:
- Safety at the workplace and on the road
- Recycling of materials
- Controlling chemical risks
- Energy and greenhouse gas emissions
- Corporate citizenship in developing countries