PORTS AND HARBOURS
Colas has the experience and capabilities to deliver marine and coastal engineering works. Our in-house team of specialists who are expert in delivering world-class solutions in these environments, are always looking to identify innovative solutions that mitigate risk and deliver great value.
Delivering sustainable coastal engineering solutions
Colas offers a variety of coastal and flood protection services to help preserve our country's landscape and infrastructure. Sustainability is at the heart of our business - we can extend the life of marine assets instead of replacing them and have specialist expertise for the life extension and repair of piled assets, including jetties and other marine structures. We always look to identify innovative solutions that meet your objectives and deliver you great value, our partnership approach results in bespoke services to meet your requirements.
Our customers include local authorities, defence (such as BAE Systems), and port authorities.
Coastal and flood protection
We offer a variety of coastal and flood protection services to help you preserve and protect your local environments. We offer:
- Surveys and inspections
- Specialist coastal design services
- Flood and sea wall renovations and installations
- Grouting and re-pointing
- Culvert works
- Sheet pile installation, renovation and protection
- Beach management
- Groyne repairs and installations
- Rock armour
- Marine concrete works
- Pathways, roads and promenade installation and repair
Asset life extension
Sustainability is at the heart of our business, and one way of delivering on this is to extend the life of marine assets, instead of replacing them through our asset management and structural repairs and maintenance
Our services include:
- Surveys and inspections, including side scan underwater services
- Corrosion measurement and mitigation
- Marine asset repair including installation and maintenance for wooden, steel and concrete structures
- Through-life maintenance support
- Marine concrete works including inspection, installation and repair
Piled asset repair
We have specialist expertise for the life extension and repair of piled assets, including jetties and other marine structures. Our services include:
- Galvanic anode and impressed current systems for protecting steel
- Micro-concrete encasement for wood and concrete piles
- Restoration of load bearing ratings by carbon strip application, including shear situations
- Repair and future protection of spalled concrete
Colas is proud to announce it is an approved Denso SeaShield installer. We recently installed 278 SeaShield jacket systems on a single pile protection project with full technical compliance providing the client with a warranted 25-year asset life extension.